Soft soil (wave 4) work between Trustums Hill Road and Woodburn-Evans Head Road
Work to be carried out between April and June 2016 (weather permitting) includes:
- Installation of environmental controls, dust gauges and nest boxes
- Establishment of the main site office and compound at Tuckombil Road
- Temporary traffic arrangements including intersection upgrades on the Pacific Highway at Tuckombil Road and Watsons Lane to improve access and safety
- Installation of boundary fencing, including clearing of vegetation and processing of materials
- Relocation of electricity utilities
- Stripping topsoil and stockpiling it for reuse in landscaping
- Placing foundation and drainage layers of rock and the installation of wick drains.
New turning lanes will be installed on the highway at Watson Street.
This will involve widening and laying asphalt to widen the highway, line marking and new signage. The work will take about three weeks to finish, weather permitting.
To improve safety during building, the speed limit on this section of the highway has been reduced to 80km/h. This speed limit will remain in place for the duration of the project.