Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek (section 1)
Major work started in July 2015 on the Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek project. Roads and Maritime Services has engaged OHL and York to build the 14 kilometre Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek section of the Woolgoolga to Ballina upgrade.
Major building work is set to start on this section of the upgrade. Once complete this upgrade will link the Sapphire to Woolgoolga project to the south and the Halfway Creek to Glenugie project to the north, providing 14 kilometres of divided roadway. It is expected that work on Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek section will be finished in 2017.
OHL and York Joint Venture will partner to deliver the section of upgrade between Woolgoolga and Halfway Creek.
The key features of the Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek upgrade include a 300 metre long twin bridge over the Corindi floodplain to allow flood waters to pass under the highway as well as bridges over the highway at Sherwood Creek Road and Kangaroo Trail Road for local road access.
The upgrade is jointly funded by the Australian and NSW governments.
October to December 2016
Upcoming work on the project will include:
- Moving Pacific Highway traffic on to a 1.8 kilometre section of the new northbound carriageway from the southern tie-in at Arrawarra back onto the existing highway south of Tasman Street at Corindi Beach
- Opening the upgraded section of Eggins Drive from Arrawarra Beach Road to south of the entrance to the Darlington Beach Holiday Park to traffic
- Completing controlled blasting
- Continuing surveys and boundary fencing
- Continuing earthwork and drainage
- Completing the Cassons Creek, Corindi Creek, Corindi floodplain, Corindi access road and Range Road interchange bridges
- Property adjustments
- Building the Corindi access road
- Continuing crushing and screening of select earthwork material near Hawthorn Close, Corindi Beach
- Continuing operation of the concrete batch plant near Taylors Run, Corindi Beach
- Continuing concrete paving and out of hours saw-cutting
- Monitoring dust, noise and water quality
- Continuing to upgrade Falconers Lane and The Siding at Dirty Creek, and Eggins Drive at Arrawarra.
For employment opportunities on this section contact:
- Phone: 1800 788 900 (press 2)
- Email: W2HC@ohlaustralia.com
Pacific Highway traffic switch at Range Road, Dirty Creek
Notification for traffic changes being implemented at Range Road
Access arrangements notification
Notification for changed access arrangements at Sherwood Creek Road and Eggins Drive, and Kangaroo Trail Road
Work Notification for Eggins Drive
Notification for the Eggins Drive Upgrade
Project update notification
Notification of works taking place from January to March 2016
Changed access arrangements at Rediger Close and Grays Road
Notification for girder placement
Temporary highway delays for placement of girders
Proposal to increase blast limits
Controlled blasting facts
Project update notification
Notification of works taking place from October to December 2015
Map of the temporary Kangaroo Trail Road side track
Major work to start
Update on upcoming activities
Community registration form
Registration form for the project
Notification of early works between Woolgoolga and Halfway Creek
Letter to community outlining early work activities, work hours and contact details