Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading 14 kilometres of highway to four lane divided road between Arrawarra interchange and Grays Road at Halfway Creek. The project includes building an interchange at Range Road, twin bridges over Corindi floodplain as well as local access bridges over the highway at Sherwood Creek Road and Kangaroo Trail Road. On the 24 October 2017 10 kilometres of new divided highway opened to traffic between Arrawarra interchange and Range Road interchange. The remaining 4 kilometres is expected to open to traffic in late 2017/early 2018, weather permitting.
This upgrade will link the Sapphire to Woolgoolga project to the south and the Halfway Creek to Glenugie project to the north. Major work started in July 2015 on the Woolgoolga to Halfway Creek project. Roads and Maritime Services has engaged OHL and York to build the highway upgrade.
October – December 2017
- Finishing work on the on and off ramps at Range Road Interchange
- Finishing work to local roads and intersections
- Continue concrete paving the new southbound carriageway between Range Road and McPhillips Road
- Continuing operation of the concrete batch plant near Taylors Run
- Installation of road furniture between Arrawarra Interchange to Range Road Interchange
- Continuing surveys and boundary fencing
- On-going monitoring of dust, noise and water quality
- Property adjustments.
For employment opportunities on this section contact:
- Phone: 1800 788 900 (press 2)
- Email: W2HC@ohlaustralia.com