Woolgoolga to Wells Crossing
The Pacific Highway upgrade between Woolgoolga and Wells Crossing involves a 27 kilometre dual carriageway upgrade of the Pacific Highway. Planning for this project was funded by the NSW Government.
The majority of the upgrade would be a duplication of the existing highway with a major realignment of the existing Pacific Highway between Kangaroo Trail Road and Range Road to improve safety. Direct property access to the highway would be rationalised and service road would provide access points to the highway for properties at McPhillips Road, Lemon Tree Road, Luthers Road and Eggins Drive. The upgrade would result in an improved alignment at Dirty Creek Range and safer access for residents.
To view background information on the development of this project go the project documents page.
Brief history of the project
- April 2008: Concept design announced and on display for community comment
- May 2007: Preferred routes identified for the Barcoongere Way and Luthers Road areas following further community, agricultural and environmental investigations
- August 2006: Preferred route announced and display for community comment
- October 2005: Route options announced and display for community comment
- November 2004: Investigations commenced into the upgrade of the Pacific Highway including community consultation to identify a study area and route options.
This project now forms part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina project.