Roads and Maritime Services Urban Design Guidelines
A number of detailed guidelines, dealing with specific urban design issues, have been produced as a suite of documents by the Roads and Maritime Services Centre for Urban Design.
‘Beyond the Pavement urban design policy, procedures and design principles' is the Centre for Urban Design’s overarching urban design policy. It is supplemented by various guideline documents on specific areas of work such as bridges, noise walls, landscape, water sensitive urban design and shotcrete.
The ‘suite’ aims to create a set of reference documents to achieve good design and illustrate successful outcomes that are aesthetically pleasing, durable, sustainable and value for money.
The suite of documents includes:
- Beyond the Pavement: Urban design policy procedures and design principles
- Bridge Aesthetics: Design guidelines to improve the appearance of bridges in NSW
- Landscape design guideline: Design guidelines to improve the quality, safety and cost effectiveness of road corridor planting and seeding
- Noise wall design guideline: Design guidelines to improve the appearance of noise walls in NSW
- Shotcrete design guideline: Design guidelines to avoid, minimise and improve the appearance of shotcrete
- Water Sensitive Urban Design: Applying water sensitive urban design principles to NSW transport projects.
Further guidelines will be developed as required.
Ultimately the goal of the guidelines is to improve road and maritime projects and, through them, our towns and cities.