Have your say!
Roads and Maritime Services is committed to actively engaging with community members and other stakeholders. Community consultation is undertaken on most projects except when emergency works need to be scheduled at short notice.
As well as this page, which provides information about projects currently open for comment, Roads and Maritime project managers and service providers seek feedback in various ways as required, for example through:
- Newsletters including contact details for feedback
- Displays with staff available in public locations
- Community information sessions and workshops
- Meetings to discuss specific issues
- Online forums
- Using the 'Have Your Say' online consultation portal.
Projects for which community comments are being sought, February 2018 - March 2018
Devlin Street, Blaxland Road and Parkes Street, Ryde
Roads and Maritime Services is seeking feedback by Friday, 23 February, 2018 on proposed improvements at the intersection of Devlin Street, Blaxland Road and Parkes Street, Ryde.
The proposal includes:
- installing an additional northbound lane from Victoria Road to Blaxland Road, which becomes a trapped lane to the diverged lane to Blaxland Road
- removal of the existing verge footpath on Devlin Street southbound, from the ramp access to the car park to the off road ramp to Victoria Road
- introduction of a utility adjustment on Devlin Street southbound side, behind the existing retaining wall within the carpark
- maintaining the existing brick retaining wall on Devlin Street southbound side
- maintaining the existing storage length for the southbound right turn lane to Parkes Street
- installing a raised median on Devlin Street, south of the intersection
- removal of bus priority lane on Devlin Street.
How can you give feedback?
Roads and Maritime welcomes your comments on the proposal by Friday 23 February, 2018. You can provide your comments by:
- Phone: 1800 572 004 and leaving a message for the project team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973, Parramatta, NSW 2124
Nelson Bay Road and Richardson Road, Salt Ash
Roads and Maritime Services is seeking feedback on proposed cyclist and pedestrian improvements at the Nelson Bay Road and Richardson Road roundabout at Salt Ash.
The proposal includes building a 2.5 metre wide shared path on both sides of Nelson Bay Road at the roundabout. The project includes building kerb ramps to provide a safe connection from the road shoulder onto the shared path, as well as painting new on-road cycle lanes to improve visibility.
For more information download the February 2018 project notification.
How can you give feedback?
Community feedback can be provided by Wednesday 28 February 2018:
- Phone: 02 4908 7749
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Locked Bay 2030, Newcastle NSW 2300