Foxground and Berry bypass
The Foxground and Berry bypass is under construction. It will provide a four-lane highway (two lanes in each direction) with median separation for 12.5 kilometres of the Princes Highway between Toolijooa Road to just south of Andersons Lane.
The upgrade includes a bypass of the existing winding highway at Foxground and a bypass of Berry with access ramps at the north and south of the town.
The bypass is expected to be open to traffic in mid 2018, weather permitting.
Project update – June 2016
A project update on the bypass is now available to provide you with an update on what’s occurred and what’s upcoming on the project. This includes an update on:
- Construction activities that occurred over the last three months as well as upcoming work
- Traffic changes south of Berry including the temporary detour of Schofields Lane motorists
- Traffic changes north of Berry
For more information, see the project update.
Controlled blasting at Toolijooa ridge
Controlled blasting on the Foxground and Berry bypass at Tindalls Lane, near Austral Park Road and at Toolijooa ridge is now complete.
For more information, view the controlled blasting factsheet.
Traffic changes south of Berry
On Thursday 4 August 2016, motorists were moved onto the new northbound lanes between Mullers Lane and Queen Street. As part of these changes, the following is also in place
- the junction of Huntingdale Park Road and Kangaroo Valley Road will be closed for around six months to allow construction of the roundabout on Kangaroo Valley Road. Access to Huntingdale Park Estate is via Hitchcocks Lane.
- the junction of Victoria Street with the Princes Highway will also be closed during construction of the southbound lanes south of Berry. Access to Victoria Street is via Queen Street and local roads.
Kangaroo Valley Road bridge
Kangaroo Valley Road bridge is now open to traffic. For more information see the South Berry notification letter.
Changes on Woodhill Mountain Road near the bridge at Berry
A 4.8 metre high clearance is in place for all motorists using Woodhill Mountain Road due to the bridge at Berry now crossing over the road.
Project working hours
The project's approved working hours are Monday to Friday from 7am until 6pm and Saturdays from 8am until 1pm.
Within the road boundaries between Toolijooa Road and Tindalls Lane low noise work is also allowed from 6am until 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am until 5pm Saturdays.
See the project's Environmental Protection Licence.