Albury to Cowra Corridor Strategy
The Albury to Cowra corridor, serviced by the Olympic Highway, connects Albury on the Victorian border to Cowra in the mid west of New South Wales. It passes through the major regional towns of Wagga Wagga, Junee, Cootamundra and Young.
This strategy has been prepared by a multi-disciplinary team from Roads and Maritime Services with expertise in road safety, traffic, asset management, land use and development. It draws together a variety of aspects of the corridor and identifies:
- Corridor-specific objectives that support Roads and Maritime Services' broader road network objectives
- Key transport demands in the corridor, and the consequential transport roles of the Olympic Highway
- The performance of the transport infrastructure in serving the needs of the corridor
- Key transport demands that are likely to be placed on the corridor over the next 25 years
- Current and future challenges in meeting the corridor-specific objectives, and Roads and Maritime’s strategies to meet these challenges.
This strategy adopts a 25 year time frame to guide Roads and Maritime’s long-term management of the Albury to Cowra corridor in line with Roads and Maritime’s stated objectives.