Skip to content
On this page
June to August 2013
- Completion of all bridges.
- Finalisation of property works.
- Concrete and asphalt paving.
- Installation of line marking, signage, guide posts etc.
- Final traffic switch and open to traffic.
April to May 2013
- Completion of earthworks.
- Traffic north of Holbrook was moved to a new section of highway, about 1.5 kilometres to the north of the connection with the original highway.
- Noise mitigation works.
- Concrete and asphalt paving.
- Installation of signage, guide posts etc.
- Topsoiling and revegetation works.
February to March 2013
- Reconstruct the northbound carriageway south of Holbrook.
- Concrete paving works.
- Construction north of Holbrook, linking the new southbound sections of carriageway.
- Installation and painting of the noise walls.
- Installation of fauna corridor poles.
- Landscaping and grass sowing.
- Drainage works at both ends of the project.
- Bulk earthworks for the Albury Street southbound on-ramp in preparation for paving work.
- Reconstruction of Culcairn Road where it crosses the construction corridor.
September 2012 to January 2013
- Bulk earthworks were completed.
- Final shaping and grass sowing of the cut started.
- The majority of drainage works were completed.
- Asphalt paving of the southern end of the southbound carriageway was completed.
- Work on the Wagga Road interchange was completed.
- The bridge and Wagga Road re-opened to traffic on 16 November 2012.
- Culcairn Road bridge works were completed.
- Ten Mile Creek bridge works were completed.
- Albury Street bridge works were completed.
- Traffic was moved on to the existing northbound lane with two way traffic, about four kilometres south of Holbrook, on 1 November 2012.
- Traffic was moved on to the new southbound carriageway (about two kilometres in length) to allow for reconstruction of the new northbound carriageway, on 7 December 2012.
- Installation of noise wall started.
- Work continued on the placement of selected material in pavement.
- Concrete paving along the main alignment of the project Continued.
May to August 2012
- Bulk earthworks.
- Drainage works.
- Wagga Road interchange works.
- Abutment piling on the Culcairn Road bridge. Bridge girders placed and concrete deck completed.
- Installation of the abutment piles and construction of the abutment headstocks on Ten Mile Creek bridge.
- Traffic was moved onto the new section of road north of Holbrook to enable tie-in works to the new bypass to be constructed.
- Test piling was carried out on the Albury Street southern interchange bridge. Abutment piles were installed.
- Concrete paving continued from the northern end of the project.
January to April 2012
- Completion of the Holbrook Tip access road.
- Establishment of the concrete batch plant at Rocklea Falls Quarry in preparation for road paving.
- Over 1 million m3 of earth moved along the alignment of the bypass.
- Over 800 culvert units placed.
- 263 nesting boxes placed in vegetation to accommodate potentially disturbed fauna such as squirrel gliders, parrots, owls and bats.
- Completion of Wagga Road abutment piling.
- Completion of bridge columns on 10 Mile Creek Bridge.
- Completion of earthworks from the cut at the northern end of the project and placement of select quarry pavement materials along the northern section in preparation for concrete paving.