Improving bus services in Camperdown, Stanmore, Dulwich Hill and Marrickville - Bus Priority Infrastructure Program
Transport for NSW has identified some ways to improve the reliability of buses in Inner West Council.
Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services have proposed changes to some bus stops along routes 412, 423, 426 and 428 on:
- Salisbury Road, Camperdown and Stanmore
- Addison Road, Marrickville
- Livingstone Road, Marrickville
- Marrickville Road, Marrickville
- Trafalgar Street, Petersham
- Douglas Street, Stanmore
- Beauchamp Street, Marrickville
- Victoria Road, Marrickville
- Illawarra Road, Marrickville
- Wardell Road, Dulwich Hill
- New Canterbury Road, Dulwich Hill.
There are also proposed changes to some on-street parking. For more information, please download the project update .
The NSW Government has fully funded the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program. The program aims to improve the reliability of bus services on Sydney’s main bus corridors.
The proposed changes are part of ‘Sydney’s Bus Future’, the NSW Government’s plan to redesign Sydney’s bus network to meet customer needs now and into the future. For more information please visit Sydney's Bus Future.
These changes have been developed by Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime, in consultation with Sydney Buses. Local councils were consulted as part of the early planning work.
Key outcomes of the proposal
- Contributing to the NSW Government’s target of 95 per cent on-time running of bus services
- Making travel times more reliable for customers.
We have assessed the environmental impacts of these changes to bus services in Camperdown, Stanmore, Dulwich Hill and Marrickville in a report of findings called a Review of Environmental Factors (REF). It was on public display from Wednesday 8 February to Wednesday 8 March 2017.
Please download the Review of Environmental Factors:
What happens next?
We will consider all feedback and respond in a submissions report, which will be available later this year.
We will continue to liaise with the community throughout the project.