Improving bus services in Darlinghurst, Paddington and Bondi
Transport for NSW has identified some ways to improve the reliability of buses in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.
Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services asked the community for feedback between March and May 2016 on a proposal to make changes to some bus stops in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. We would like to thank everyone for their comments.
We received feedback from 144 people and organisations. The feedback included comments around access to bus services, additional walking distances and project justification.
We considered all feedback while finalising the proposal and decided to proceed with bus stop removal at the following locations:
- Stanley Street near Yurong Street at Darlinghurst
- Stanley Street near Bourke Street at Darlinghurst
- Hargrave Street near Taylor Street at Paddington (outbound stop)
- Hargrave Street near Taylor Street at Paddington (inbound stop)
- Old South Head Road near Edgecliff Road at Bellevue Hill
- Old South Head Road near Bon Accord Avenue at Bondi Junction
- Old South Head Road near Francis Street at Bellevue Hill.
We will extend bus stops on:
- Stanley Street near Crown Street at Darlinghurst
- MacDonald Street near Liverpool Street at Paddington.
We will also relocate the bus stop on:
- Old South Head Road near Flood Street at Bondi
Following a review of the comments, we have decided not to proceed with proposed changes at the following locations:
- Yurong Street near Stanley Street at Darlinghurst
- Brown Street near Macdonald Street at Paddington.
The NSW Government has fully funded the Bus Priority Program. The program aims to improve the reliability of bus services on Sydney’s main bus corridors.
The proposed changes are part of ‘Sydney’s Bus Future’, the NSW Government’s plan to redesign Sydney’s bus network to meet customer needs now and into the future. For more information please visit Sydney's bus future.
Key outcomes of the proposal
- Contributing to the NSW Government’s target of 95 per cent on-time running of bus services
- Making travel times more reliable for passengers
What happens next?
We expect to start work at these locations in late 2017 and will notify you before this happens.
We will continue to liaise with the community throughout the project.