Elizabeth Bay Marina
The NSW Government is upgrading the Elizabeth Bay Marina to improve its functionality, amenity and safety for water users and the local community.
Updates and announcements
The contractor has established the construction site including: The next stage of work (subject to relevant approvals) includes:
What’s happening now?
What work is coming up?
The contractor has established the construction site including:
The next stage of work (subject to relevant approvals) includes:
Elizabeth Bay Marina is located at the end of Ithaca Road, Elizabeth Bay, near Beare Park. The marina has existed for over 100 years and is a popular place for boaters, kayakers, residents and tourists visiting the area.
Over time the timber elements have deteriorated and Roads and Maritime is now proposing to upgrade the marina to improve safety and amenity for water users and the local community.
The marina upgrade will provide:
- Improved marina facilities for the boating community
- More reliable operations aimed at preventing damage to boats and the marina due to flooding at high tides
- Improved facilities, better security, and safer water access for kayaks, paddleboards and other small vessels
- Improved café facilities located at the end of the marina
- Improved access to the marina, including disabled access
- A boating destination marina to give boaters access to facilities and amenities, and to improve their Sydney Harbour boating experience.
Roads and Maritime will continue to engage with the community and other stakeholders to provide an update on the project as it progresses. Notification letters will be sent to the community and key stakeholders to inform of work before the work starts.
View or download:
- February 2017 Elizabeth Bay Marina upgrade community update
- October 2016 Elizabeth Bay Community Consultation Report
- September 2016 Elizabeth Bay Marina upgrade community update
Review of Environmental Factors (REF)
Roads and Maritime has completed a Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for the project to assess potential impacts and describe management strategies to address them.
View or download the REF documents:
- Review of Environmental Factors - Main report
- Review of Environmental Factors - Appendices
- June 2017 Submissions report - Main report
- June 2017 Submissions report - Appendices