Improving bus services in Rozelle, Lilyfield, Leichhardt, Annandale and Camperdown
Transport for NSW has identified some ways to improve the reliability of buses in Sydney’s inner west.
Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services asked the community for feedback between December 2015 and January 2016 on a proposal to make changes to some bus stops in Sydney’s inner west. We would like to thank everyone for their comments.
We received feedback from 298 people and organisations. The feedback included comments around access to bus services, additional walking distances, loss of parking, removing trees on Norton Street and project justification.
We considered all feedback while finalising the proposal and decided not to proceed with changes at the following locations:
- Perry Street near Glover Street, Lilyfield
- Norton Street near Norton Plaza, Leichhardt (three removals and two new stops)
- Parramatta Road near University Avenue, Camperdown
We are proceeding with the removal of bus stops at the following locations:
- Darling Street near Victoria Road, Rozelle
- Darling Street near Denison Street, Rozelle
- Balmain Road near The Boulevard, Lilyfield
- Norton Street near Carlisle Street, Leichhardt
- Norton Street near Norton Plaza, Leichhardt (one removal only)
- Parramatta Road near Mallet Street, Camperdown
- Parramatta Road near Larkin Street, Camperdown
These changes are part of Sydney’s Bus Future, the NSW Government’s plan to redesign Sydney’s bus network to meet customer needs now and into the future. In this plan, our customers tell us that travel time and on-time running are some of the most important service features.
We plan to improve bus journey times by:
- Reducing the number of locations at which buses need to stop by combining or removing some bus stops
- Making it easier for buses to move in and out of bus stops by removing or relocating on-street parking
For more information on this Plan, please visit Transport for NSW.
Key outcomes of the proposal
- More reliable travel times
- More reliable for customers
- Contributing to the NSW Government's target of 95 per cent reliability of bus services
What happens next?
We expect to start work at these locations in late 2017. We will continue to liaise with the community throughout the project.