Macquarie Park Bus Priority and Capacity Improvements
Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services will improve the road network in Macquarie Park as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to increase the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
Subscribe to stage 1 Macquarie Park updates
Click on the work zones to get further details of the work we are undertaking for Stage 1 of the Macquarie Park Bus Priority and Capacity Improvements project.
You can contact our team on 1800 636 870 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie Park is a rapidly growing residential, commercial and shopping district, needing long-term bus and road improvements to support the area’s future growth. We are carrying out road and intersection upgrades to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion and improving traffic flow for all road users in the area.
This project will be delivered as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program. We will do the work in two stages.
As part of the Sydney Metro Northwest construction, the Epping to Chatswood rail line is scheduled to temporarily close from late 2018 for about seven months. During this period, the Temporary Transport Plan will be implemented to replace the rail line with additional buses
The road and intersection upgrades will support the running of buses and improve traffic flow in the area. These will be constructed from early 2018 and will be completed in time for the Temporary Transport Plan bus service.
Stage 1 work will include adjustments to lanes, medians, traffic islands, traffic lights, footpaths, drainage, utilities and road pavements. These upgrades will take place at:
- the intersection of Herring Road and Epping Road
- Herring Road (between Waterloo Road and Epping Road)
- the intersection of Waterloo Road and Herring Road
- Waterloo Road (between Herring Road and entry to Macquarie Centre)
- the intersection of Waterloo Road and Lane Cove Road
- Lane Cove Road (between Waterloo Road and Epping Road)
- the intersection of Lane Cove Road and Epping Road
- Lane Cove Road (between Lorna Avenue and Allengrove Crescent)
For more information about the Stage 1 work please review our community update.
Once the Sydney Metro opens in the first half of 2019, the remainder of the road and intersection upgrades would be carried out. This work would provide long-term improvements and ongoing support for two key corridors set out in Sydney’s Bus Future – Parramatta to Macquarie Park via Carlingford and Epping, and Hurstville to Macquarie Park via Burwood. The work will also benefit other bus services operating in the area and provide important upgrades to the road network to reduce congestion and improve access for all road users.
- safer, efficient and more reliable travel times through the Macquarie Park area for buses and all road users
- improved road network capacity and support for existing traffic movements, including growth of traffic within and around Macquarie Park into the future
- improved pedestrian safety and access
- short-term support for the additional buses needed during the Epping to Chatswood rail line upgrade
- long-term ongoing benefits for key bus corridors and local bus services through improved and upgraded bus priority infrastructure.
View or download
|Site compound notice||192Kb|
|February 2018 community update||1.96Mb|
|Stage 1 Start of work Nov 2017||405Kb|
|October 2017 project update||2.02Mb|
|October 2017 submissions report||14.9Mb|
|June 2017 community update||469Kb|
|May 2017 community update||4.15Mb|
|March 2017 Review of Environmental Factors (REF)||19.5Mb|
|Review of Environmental Factors (REF) Appendices||64.2Mb|