Information for motorists
Traffic during construction
During construction, the project team aims to minimise traffic delays by ensuring the needs of road users are considered at all times.
The following traffic impacts may be experienced during construction:
- Temporary road closures
- Traffic diversions for general traffic and buses
- Reduced speed limits around construction sites
- Footpath and shared path diversions
- Temporary restrictions to property access.
The Traffic and Access Management Plan (TAMP) describes how traffic will be managed during construction, including ensuring appropriate controls and procedures are in place to address potential traffic impacts along the project corridor.
The TAMP describes how the project team will:
- Manage disruptions to pedestrians, cyclists, buses and motorists
- Manage construction vehicle movements during peak traffic periods
- Manage access disruptions to adjoining properties
- Encourage sustainable transport options by site workers.
To minimise the impact on the road network, some construction work will take place outside standard working hours.
Individual Traffic Control Plans are prepared for each construction zone in consultation with relevant authorities, Councils and other agencies before the start of substantial construction on each site.
Weekly Traffic Alerts
To signup to receive weekly traffic alerts via email, please contact the Community Information team on 1800 014 307 or email email@example.com.