Old Windsor Road, Bella Vista
The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors. It is proposed to maximise the road space of Old Windsor Road by widening the road to improve efficiency and safety for all road users and mitigate congestion during peak periods.
The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
The proposal involves:
- widening of Old Windsor Road to provide three lanes between Norbrik Drive and Seven Hills Road
- extending the southbound right turn bays into Seven Hills Road
- building a new northbound cycleway connection from Old Windsor Road to a shared path on T-Way
- vegetation removal from median.
The key benefits to the community include:
- Improved traffic flows and safety on Old Windsor Road, Bella Vista
- Improved safety for pedestrians and cyclists
- Reduced congestion and improved travel times.
Roads and Maritime is seeking feedback on the proposal by Thursday 7 September 2017.
What happens next?
Roads and Maritime Services will carefully consider all feedback received before deciding whether or not to proceed with this proposal. A community consultation report will be prepared, summarising the matters raised and our responses. This will be made available on our website. We will continue to liaise with the community and will provide updates as the proposal progresses.