Proposed intersection improvements on Pennant Hills Road at North Rocks Road, Carlingford
The NSW Government is funding a proposal as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
Roads and Maritime Services is seeking your feedback by Friday, 15 December on proposed intersection improvements on Pennant Hills Road at North Rocks Road, Carlingford.
Currently, motorists are experiencing long delays travelling through the intersection of Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road. The aim of this proposal is to increase the capacity of the intersection by reducing queue lengths and improving safety.
For more information please view or download the December 2017 community update.
The proposal includes:
- widening on the west side of the Pennant Hills Road to accommodate three north bound through lanes
- installing a new traffic island in the North East corner of the intersection
- installing a separated left turn lane for motorists travelling southbound and turning left from Pennant Hills Road into North Rocks Road
- installing a dedicated right turn lane for motorists travelling westbound and turning right from North Rocks Road into Pennant Hills Road
- installing a raised median in the centre of Pennant Hills Road
- adjusting driveways and footpaths
- adjusting utilities, street lighting, drainage, signage and line marking
Benefits would include:
- travel time saving for motorists using the intersection
- reduced queue lengths for motorists travelling in both directions on Pennant Hills Road
- improved safety at the intersection, with a reduction in the number of rear-ends crashes and crashes involving motorists changing lanes
- reduced traffic delays due to a better flow of traffic for motorists at all points of the intersection.
We would like to hear from you about the proposal to upgrade the intersection at Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road. Please submit your comments by Friday 15 December 2017.
There are three ways you can provide your feedback:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1800 572 004 (toll free) during business hours
- Mail: Pinch point - Roads and Maritime Services
PO Box 973
Parramatta NSW 2124
What happens next?
Roads and Maritime Services will consider all feedback received before deciding whether to proceed with the proposal. A community consultation report will be prepared summarising the feedback received and this will be made available on our website. We will keep you updated as the proposal progresses.