Northbound bus bay extension on Windsor Road, Baulkham Hills
The NSW Government is funding this project to upgrade the bus bay between Torrs Street and Cook Street as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program to make bus services faster and more reliable.
The project includes:
- Extending the bus bay on the north bound side of Windsor Road
- Relocating utilities
- Removing vegetation near the bus bay
- Modifying the bus shelter.
The bus bay extension will improve:
- Bus service reliability and accessibility by increasing the capacity of the bus bay to three buses
- Traffic flow for northbound motorists caused by buses waiting to enter the bus bay
- Safety for pedestrians and motorists.
In January and February 2017 Roads and Maritime Services invited feedback on a proposal to extend the northbound bus bay on Windsor Road, Baulkham Hills and two alternative night work schedules.
After considering all responses, we have decided not to change the proposed design. In response to feedback about the proposed night work schedule, we are investigating options to adjust the work plan and reduce the number of night shifts.
What happens next?
We expect work to start in mid-2017 and will continue to keep the community updated.
During construction the temporary bus stop will be 60 metres north of the existing stop. When the work is finished the bus shelter will be just north of its current location.