Changes to bus stops along the Botany to Gore Hill bus corridor (route M20)
The NSW Government has funded the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program. The program aims to improve the reliability of bus services on Sydney’s main bus corridors.
Transport for NSW has identified some ways to improve the reliability of buses along the Botany to Gore Hill bus corridor.
These changes support Future Transport Strategy 2056, which is the NSW Government’s plan to deliver the future transport network. In this plan, a key customer outcome is safety and performance, which seeks to ensure that every customer enjoys safe travel across a high performing and efficient network. It also reflects what our customers tell us about bus services, with travel time and on-time running being some of the most important service features.
Key outcomes with the bus stop changes include:
- improving safety for bus operations
- making travel times more reliable for customers
- contributing to the NSW Government’s target of 95 per cent on-time running of bus services.
Bus stop changes
From Monday 10 September 2018 as part of this program, Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime will implement changes to bus stops at:
This stop is serviced by routes M20, 301, 302 and 303.
- extension of the bus stop TSN 201742 by six metres northeast to provide additional length for buses to pull into the bus stop safely
- loss of one car parking space.
This stop is serviced by routes M20, M50, 305, 308, 309, 310, 343, 372, 393 and 395.
The southbound bus stop changes on Elizabeth Street approaching Goodlet Street, Surry Hills, include:
- extension of the bus zone at stop number 201082 by 20 metres north to cater for two stopped buses
- removal of three southbound parking spaces between Belvoir Street and Goodlet Street
- removal of two small trees to improve visibility and allow customers to safely board and exit buses
Works by council to remove two small trees are expected to be completed by mid-December 2018.
This stop is serviced by routes M20, 301, 302 and 303. The westbound bus stop changes on O’Dea Avenue approaching Bourke Street, Waterloo, include:
- relocation of the bus stop number 201733, 45 metres east to, allow time for buses to move into the right lane to turn safely at Bourke Street
- removal of one small tree adjacent to 1 O’Dea Avenue to allow for customers to safely board and exit buses
- No stopping will be installed in the old bus zone.
- There is no loss of parking with the bus stop changes.
This stop is serviced by route M20. The westbound bus stop changes on Phillip Street approaching Young Street, Waterloo, include:
- extension of the bus zone at stop number 201755 by 17.5 metres east to cater for two stopped buses
- removal of three westbound parking spaces between Blackmore Lane and Young Street
- minor tree trimming of branches overhanging the road.
What happens next?
The bus zone extension will be implemented from Monday 10 September 2018.
We will keep the community updated throughout the project.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program team on:
- Phone: 1800 575 250
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Bus Priority PO Box 973
Parramatta NSW 2124
If you need help understanding this information, please contact the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask them to call us on 1800 575 250.