King Georges Road and Roberts Road clearways
The Sydney Clearways Strategy identifies King Georges Road and Roberts Road, from the M5 Motorway, Beverly Hills to Hume Highway, Greenacre as a priority project to introduce a clearway to manage congestion.
In March 2014 Roads and Maritime Services asked for community comment on a proposal to implement a clearway on King Georges Road.
Roads and Maritime is considering introducing new clearways on sections of road where:
- Travel speeds are less than 30km/h during peak times
- Directional traffic flow exceeds 800 vehicles per lane per hour during peak times
- The road is an important public transport and/or freight route for moving people and goods
- Alternative public parking close to local businesses can be found.
What hours of operation are proposed?
Based on initial investigations, Roads and Maritime is considering operating a clearway along King Georges Road and Roberts Road in both directions on:
- Weekdays from 6am to 7pm
- Weekends from 8am to 7pm.
What happens next?
Investigations will continue into the feasibility of a clearway. A community issues report will be prepared summarising all of the comments that have been received. This report will be made available on the Roads and Maritime website. Timeframes for the project will depend on the ongoing investigations. We will keep the community informed as the project progresses.