Milperra Road and The River Road, Revesby
Roads and Maritime Services is providing an extended eastbound right turn lane on Milperra Road by 220 metres for vehicles turning into The River Road to improve traffic flow and safety.
Updates and announcements
Since March 2016, we have:
Since March 2016, we have:
- Widened the southern side of Milperra Road to allow for the extension of the right turn lane
- Adjusted kerb, gutter, drainage and driveways on the southern side of Milperra Road
- Relocated light poles and utilities.
The next stage of work will include:
- Providing an additional right turn lane from Milperra Road into The River Road
- Extending the existing right turn lane on Milperra Road by 220 metres
- Removing and replacing asphalt
- Adjusting existing traffic lights
- Line marking.
We will continue to work at night from 8pm to 5am, excluding Saturdays between Sunday 4 September and Friday 4 November.
We will also be working during the day from 7am to 6pm between Mondays and Fridays and from 8am to 1pm on Saturdays.
Working hours during the Higher School Certificate period, between Thursday 13 October and Friday 4 November, will be planned in consultation with nearby schools and students.
Motorists travelling eastbound on Milperra Road are experiencing delays during peak periods because vehicles queuing in the right turn lane (to turn into The River Road) are overflowing into the through lanes.
The River Road provides access to the suburbs south of Canterbury Road/Milperra Road as well as to the M5 Motorway with on and off ramp for eastbound and westbound motorists.
The proposal is part of the NSW Government’s $246 million Pinch Point program which aims to reduce delays, manage congestion and maintain travel times on Sydney’s main roads particularly during week day peak periods.
The proposed work will improve traffic flow and safety by providing more room for motorists wishing to turn right from Milperra Road onto The River Road. It would also improve capacity by providing better lane use and reduce the risk of rear end crashes.
- Extend the existing right turn lane on Milperra Road by 220 metres
- Provide dual right turn lanes
- Widen on the southern side of Milperra Road to allow for the extension of the right turn lane
- Kerb, gutter and property adjustments on the southern side of Milperra Road
- Relocate light poles and underground utilities
- Resurface the asphalt surface of the road.
Roads and Maritime invited the community and key stakeholders to provide feedback on this proposal in June 2014.
The Community consultation report identifying the issues and suggestions raised by the community and how they will be addressed is now available. The local community will be kept informed on the progress of work throughout the project.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive email updates.