Bringelly Road Upgrade Stage 2
Updates and announcements
Roads and Maritime Services is delivering the $509 million Bringelly Road Upgrade in two stages. Stage 1 is from Camden Valley Way, Leppington to King Street, Rossmore. Stage 2 is from King Street to The Northern Road, Bringelly.
Roads and Maritime is finalising detailed design for Stage 2. We expect to start building in early 2017 and complete the work in mid-2019.
- Upgrading from two lanes to a four lane divided road with a central median, which would allow for widening to six lanes, when required
- A speed limit of 80 km/h
- A three metre wide off road shared pedestrian and cyclist path with crossings at traffic lights to improve safety
- Designated turning lanes at traffic lights along with bus priority and indented bus bays on both sides of Bringelly Road
- New three way intersection at Kelvin Park Drive with traffic lights
- New four way intersection at Jersey Road with traffic lights and a temporary U-turn facility
- New bridges over South Creek
- New four way intersection at Masterfield Street with traffic lights
- Left in/left out intersection at Church Street
- Left in/left out intersection at Allenby Road
- New four way intersection at North Avenue with traffic lights and a temporary U-turn facility
- Left in/left out intersection at Glen Allen Road.
- Increased capacity for traffic growth and improved travel times in the future
- Improved safety for motorists
- Improved safety for cyclists and pedestrians
- Better bus priority and facilities
- Improved access to the proposed western Sydney airport at Badgerys Creek, the new Leppington Railway Station and the M5 and M7 motorways
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney’s south-west
- Access to the future South West Growth Centre precincts along Bringelly Road
- Landscaping consistent with other main road upgrades.
Community involvement has informed the access strategy, concept design and environmental assessment. Our response to community submissions can be found in our project documents.
What happens next?
Key activities for 2016 include:
- Shortlist Expression of Interest applications and invite tenders
- Property surveys
- Contacting potentially affected property owners about property adjustments and acquisition.
Roads and Maritime is progressing the project with the successful construction tender winner due to be announced in late 2016/early 2017.
We expect to start construction in early to mid-2017 and open the road to traffic in 2019.