Stage 1 - Ingleburn Road to Raby Road
The 4.4 kilometre long Stage 1 of the $280 million Camden Valley Way upgrade, between Ingleburn Road and Raby Road, was completed ahead of schedule and opened to traffic on Sunday 9 November 2014.
Roads and Maritime Services awarded the construction contract for this stage of work to Nace Civil Engineering Pty Ltd in June 2012. Construction started in September 2012 and completion was scheduled for early 2015, weather permitting.
The main features of the upgrade between Bringelly Road, Leppington and Oran Park Drive, Harrington Park are:
- Two lanes upgraded to a four lane divided road with a wide central median that will allow widening to six lanes when required in the future
- A speed limit of 80km/h
- A three metre wide, off road shared pedestrian/cyclist path on the western side of the road
- Traffic lights at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Cowpasture Road south, Heath, St Andrews, Raby, Catherine Field and Springfield roads
- Realignment of Denham Court Road and Ingleburn Road as a four way intersection with traffic lights
- Bridges over the Water NSW Upper Canal and Bonds Creek
- Landscaping of the central median consistent with other upgraded sections of Camden Valley Way
- Bus priority lanes at traffic lights and indented bus bays on either side of Camden Valley Way.
A community update featuring the road design is available to read or download.