Stage 2 - Raby Road to Oran Park Drive
Stage 2 of the 3 kilometre section of the Camden Valley Way upgrade, between Raby Road and Oran Park Drive, was completed ahead of schedule and opened to traffic on Sunday 9 November 2014.
Roads and Maritime Services awarded the construction contract for this stage of work to Nace Civil Engineering Pty Ltd in December 2012.
Construction started in mid-March 2013 and was opened to traffic on Sunday 9 November 2014.
The main features of the upgrade between Bringelly Road, Leppington and Oran Park Drive, Harrington Park are:
- Two lanes upgraded to a four lane divided road with a wide central median that will allow widening to six lanes when required in the future
- A speed limit of 80km/h
- A three metre wide, off road shared pedestrian/cyclist path on the western side of the road
- Traffic lights at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Cowpasture Road south, Heath, St Andrews, Raby, Catherine Field and Springfield roads
- Realignment of Denham Court Road and Ingleburn Road as a four way intersection with traffic lights
- Bridges over the Sydney Catchment Authority Water NSW Upper Canal and Bonds Creek
- Landscaping of the central median consistent with other upgraded sections of Camden Valley Way
- Bus priority lanes at traffic lights and indented bus bays on either side of Camden Valley Way.
View or download a community update including the road design features.