Camden Valley Way upgrade Stage 3
Stage 3 of the 3.2 kilometre section of the Camden Valley Way upgrade between Bringelly Road and Ingleburn Road at Leppington is currently being built.
Updates and announcements
Traffic will be moved onto a new section of road between the Shell Petrol Station and the Forest Lawn Cemetery by 5am on Friday 30 October 2015, weather permitting.
To prepare for the switch we will carry out night work from Sunday 25 October to Friday 30 October, weather permitting. Our working hours will be from 8pm to 5am.
View or download the notification letter
The intersection of Camden Valley Way and Ingleburn Road will be temporarily closed until Tuesday 1 December 2015, weather permitting. This will allow us to build and realign a new intersection with Denham Court Road and Ingleburn Road as a four-way intersection with traffic lights.
There will be additional night work and extended Saturday work until mid-December 2015 to complete the final section of pavement on Camden Valley Way by the end of 2015. Our working hours for these night shifts will be Sunday to Friday from 8pm to 5am. Our extended working hours on Saturdays will be from 7am to 6pm.
We will keep you updated as the work progresses.
View or download the letters to residents for more information:
- Letter to residents about temporary road closure and night work at the Ingleburn Road and Camden Valley Way intersection (PDF 159Kb)
- Letter to residents about night work and extended Saturday work hours on Camden Valley Way and Denham Court Road, Leppington (PDF,351Kb)
Roads and Maritime Services is delivering this third and final stage between Bringelly Road and Ingleburn Road, Leppington, which involves widening and upgrading the road to four lanes.The three stages of the upgrade include:
- Stage 1: 4.4 kilometre upgrade from Ingleburn Road to Raby Road, completed in November 2014.
- Stage 2: 3 kilometre upgrade from Raby Road to Oran Park Drive (previously known as Cobbitty Road), completed in November 2014.
- Stage 3: 3.2 kilometre upgrade from Bringelly Road to Ingleburn Road, due for completion in late 2015.
The key features of this stage include:
Four lane road with central median to allow for six lanes in the future
- New traffic lights at the Cowpasture Road (south) intersection and at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Realigning and upgrading the Denham Court Road and Ingleburn Road intersections to a four way intersection with traffic lights
- Shared use path on the western side of the road
- New bridges over Bonds Creek and the Water NSW Upper Canal.
The key benefits to the community include:
- A road network with increased capacity for future traffic growth
- Improved safety for motorists by:
- Constructing new intersections with traffic lights
- Constructing a central median to separate opposing traffic flows
- Constructing turn bays at intersections
- Improved access to the M7 and M5 motorways
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney's south west
- Improved access and safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing an off-road shared path
- New bus priority lanes at traffic lights.
Community involvement has informed the design and environmental assessment. Our response to community submissions can be found in our project documents.
Construction started in late November 2013 and is scheduled for completion in late 2015, weather permitting. Stage one and two opened to traffic in late 2014.
For more information about our current work, please read our July 2015 community update.