Camden Valley Way upgrade Stage 3 complete
NSW Premier Mike Baird and Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight Duncan Gay officially opened Stage 3 of the Camden Valley Way upgrade on 22 December 2015. This completed the 3.2 kilometre section of the Camden Valley Way upgrade between Bringelly Road and Ingleburn Road at Leppington.
Roads and Maritime Services completed this third and final stage between Bringelly Road and Ingleburn Road, Leppington, which involves widening and upgrading the road to four lanes.The three stages of the upgrade include:
- Stage 1: 4.4 kilometre upgrade from Ingleburn Road to Raby Road, completed in November 2014.
- Stage 2: 3 kilometre upgrade from Raby Road to Oran Park Drive (previously known as Cobbitty Road), completed in November 2014.
- Stage 3: 3.2 kilometre upgrade from Bringelly Road to Ingleburn Road, completed on 22 December 2015.
The key features of this stage include:
- Four lane road with central median to allow for six lanes in the future
- New traffic lights at the Cowpasture Road (south) intersection and at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Realigning and upgrading the Denham Court Road and Ingleburn Road intersections to a four way intersection with traffic lights
- Shared use path on the western side of the road
- New bridges over Bonds Creek and Water NSW's Upper Canal.
The key benefits to the community include:
- A road network with increased capacity for future traffic growth
- Improved safety for motorists by:
- Constructing new intersections with traffic lights
- Constructing a central median to separate opposing traffic flows
- Constructing turn bays at intersections
- Improved access to the M7 and M5 motorways
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney's south west
- Improved access and safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing an off-road shared path
- New bus priority lanes at traffic lights.
Community involvement has informed the design and environmental assessment. Our response to community submissions can be found in our project documents.