Campbelltown Road upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services is planning and designing for a proposed upgrade of Campbelltown Road between Hume Highway/Camden Valley Way, Casula and Brooks Road, Denham Court.
Updates and announcements
To progress detailed design for the upgrade, Roads and Maritime Services will carry out investigation work just east of Macdonald Road from Monday 11 January. This work will include potholing, surveying and taking photographs to locate existing utilities and drains. It, and is expected to be completed by Friday 12 February, excluding weekends. View or download the letter to residents (PDF, 135Kb).
Field investigation work from Monday 11 January 2016
To progress detailed design for the upgrade, Roads and Maritime Services will carry out investigation work just east of Macdonald Road from Monday 11 January.
This work will include potholing, surveying and taking photographs to locate existing utilities and drains. It, and is expected to be completed by Friday 12 February, excluding weekends.
View or download the letter to residents (PDF, 135Kb).
This project aims to improve road safety and provide capacity for the increased traffic expected from development of the South West Growth Centre.
Changes have been made to the concept design following consideration of the submissions received in response to the display of the concept design and environmental impact assessment between April and July 2013. Late submissions were also accepted for inclusion in the submissions report until 22 October 2013. Please visit the Community engagement page for more information about the display and the associated information sessions.
The key changes made as a result of the community feedback are:
- Providing a two lane roundabout at the intersection of Denham Court Road, Campbelltown Road and Dickson Road to allow greater access to local roads and properties
- Providing a right turn bay from the northbound carriageway of Campbelltown Road to enter Blomfield Road
- A reduced road corridor width south of Zouch Road to allow for a four lane road with a central median.
Key features of the proposed upgrade include:
- An upgrade from a generally two lane to a four lane divided road with a central median
- A wide central median which will allow room for widening to six lanes, if required in the future, between The Hume Motorway overbridge and Zouch Road
- A narrow median between Zouch Road and Brooks Road
- Six sets of traffic lights – three existing, one at the realigned Macdonald Road and two in Edmondson Park
- An off-road shared pedestrian/cyclist path generally on the western side of Campbelltown Road
- Designated turning lanes and bicycle and pedestrian crossing provisions at traffic lights
- Existing properties along Campbelltown Road continuing to have left in/left out access until precinct development takes place
- An additional bridge over the M31 Hume Motorway to allow for the widening of Campbelltown Road.
Visit Sydney's Growth Centres website for further information about the South West Growth Centre, including information on Edmondson Park precinct. Early work (Stage 1) to widen Campbelltown Road near the Edmondson Park town centre and railway station will be built by UrbanGrowth.
For more information on the South West Rail Link visit the South West Rail Link website.
What's happening now?
The project is now entering the detailed design stage. The upgrade will be built in stages, subject to funding being made available.
What happens next?
The community will be kept informed of the progress of the project.