Intersection improvements on Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road, Greystanes
Have your say – Proposed intersection improvements at Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road, Greystanes.
The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
Roads and Maritime Services closed the consultation on Wednesday 21 June 2017 on proposed intersection improvements at Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road, Greystanes.
The proposal includes:
- Installing dual right turn lanes east and westbound on Merrylands Road and northbound on Cumberland Highway
- Removing the existing traffic island on Merrylands Road at the southeast corner of the intersection
- Modifying the westbound bus bay on the southern side of Merrylands Road
- Installing barriers along the southbound carriageway of Cumberland Highway on the south east corner of the intersection
- Adjusting the central road medians on all approaches of the intersection to accommodate the new turning lanes
- Aligning the westbound left turn slip lane on the Cumberland Highway to accommodate the new intersection layout
- Adjusting the existing traffic signals to support the new intersection
- Adjusting footpaths and kerbs
- Trimming and removing trees and shrubs.
Benefits would include:
- Reduced congestion and improved travel times in both the AM and PM peak periods
- Improved traffic flow on Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road
- Improved safety for pedestrians and road users.
We have included a map to show the location of the proposal.
Have your say
We distributed over 4700 letters to the local community and key stakeholders, inviting feedback on the proposed improvements.
We received a total of 8 comments from 7 community members regarding the scope of the proposal, environmental impacts and private property impacts.
We have directly responded to all community members who provided feedback.
Roads and Maritime has considered all feedback and will proceed with the proposed intersection improvements at Cumberland Highway and Merrylands Road, Greystanes.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who provided comments on this proposal.
We will update the community and stakeholders on construction timeframes closer to the start of work.