Great Western Highway, Church Street and Parkes Street, Parramatta
The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
To alleviate congestion Roads and Maritime is proposing improvements on the intersection at Great Western Highway, Church Street and Parkes Street, Parramatta.
The key benefits to the community include:
- reduced traffic congestion and queue lengths
- improved travel times particularly during busy periods at the intersection and on approach roads
- improved traffic flow through the intersection
- improved safety for pedestrians and road users.
The work would include:
- providing an additional right turn lane from the Great Western Highway onto Church Street by relocating the median island on the Great Western Highway
- providing an additional right turn lane from Church Street onto Parkes Street by widening on the western side of Church Street
- relocating utilities
- upgrading traffic lights
- reconstructing footpaths
- line marking.
Roads and Maritime Services sought feedback from the community and stakeholders in December 2017 on Intersection improvements at Great Western Highway, Church Street and Parkes Street, Parramatta.
What happens next?
We will carefully consider all feedback received before deciding to proceed with this proposal.
A community consultation report will be prepared, summarising the matters raised and our responses We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses.
For more information please view or download the community update.