Intersection improvements at Great Western Highway & Pages Road, St Mary's
The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $225 million Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce traffic delays, manage congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s major roads, particularly during weekday peak periods.
The key benefits to the community include:
- improve sight distances for right turning vehicles on Pages Road and Charles Hackett Drive reducing the risk of a crash
- reduce congestion through the intersection
- improve safety for pedestrians and road users.
The work would include:
- adjusting the southbound approach of Pages Road to improve sight distances for right turning vehicles on Pages Road and Charles Hackett Drive
- extending the right turn bays on the north and south approaches
- changing the left only lanes to “through and left” for the north and south approaches
- providing an additional lane on the southern exit on Pages Road
- adjusting the traffic lights and utilities on Pages Road
- adjusting and lengthening the median in Pages Road to improve safety.
Roads and Maritime invited comments on the proposed improvements in October 2017.
What happens next?
We are currently reviewing the feedback received. We will prepare a community consultation report which summarises the matters raised and our responses. This will be made available on our website. We will keep you updated as the proposal progresses.