M4 to Hill Road Off ramp
Roads and Maritime Services is proposing to build a westbound off ramp from the M4 Motorway to Hill Road at Lidcombe.
The proposed westbound off ramp would support development growth in the Carter Street Urban Priority Precinct estimated to generate 5,500 new homes and 5,500 new jobs.
Roads and Maritime will soon start preparing the M4 to Hill Road westbound off ramp environmental assessment documentation for submission to the Department of Planning and Environment. The assessment documentation is a modification to the existing M4 Widening Project approval to include construction of the off ramp.
To guide this environmental assessment process, Roads and Maritime has recently applied for the Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs) guidelines from the Department of Planning and Environment.
The SEARs application was recently uploaded on to the Department of Planning and Environment’s major projects website and can be viewed at majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au
The Department of Planning and Environment will display the modification environmental assessment documentation for the project and invite public submissions in late 2017.
- Reduced travel times and congestion
- improved M4 westbound access from M4 Motorway to Sydney Olympic Park, Carter Street and Wentworth Point precincts.
- Providing a new single to dual-lane westbound off ramp connection from the M4 Motorway to Hill Road
- widening and upgrading Hill Road to its intersection with John Ian Wing Parade to accommodate the proposed off ramp
- installing intelligent transport system infrastructure and tolling equipment on the off ramp consistent with technology being installed on the M4 Motorway
- changing lane arrangements and turning movements at the Carter Street intersection
- upgrading the John Ian Wing Parade intersection to a four-way intersection, providing direct access into the Carter Street precinct on the eastern side of Hill Road
- providing a new footpath on the eastern side of Hill Road up to the John Ian Wing Parade intersection
- carrying out associated work to support the project such as utility adjustments and signage upgrades.
Where are we now?
Roads and Maritime is continuing investigation work around the project area to develop the preliminary concept design which will soon be on display. The modification to the Environmental Impact Statement for the M4 Widening Project is planned for public display in late 2017.
We will consider all feedback in developing the proposed off ramp and we will continue to keep the community updated as the modification progresses.
To be provided with updates for this project you can register at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the project information line: 1800 792 086
Utility investigation work letter
Frequently Asked Questions
Investigation work on Hill Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 22 February 2017
Investigation work on Hill Road and Parramatta Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 9 November 2016
A new community and road upgrades for Lidcombe