Schofields Road upgrade - open to traffic
The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight announced the opening of the $340 million Schofields Road upgrade between Windsor Road, Rouse Hill and Richmond Road, Marsden Park.
Updates and announcements
Roads and Maritime Services has completed the Schofields Road upgrade between Windsor Road, Rouse Hill and Richmond Road, Marsden Park. This upgrade links the Rouse Hill and Marsden Park town centres and helps to better meet the future transport needs of the North West Growth Area.
The new Schofields Road corridor delivers a vital flood-free east-west link in Sydney’s North West Growth Area, for a 1 in 100 year flood event.
Since opening, the upgrade has cut peak hour travel times in half with motorists saving four minutes of travel time.
About the Schofields Road upgrade
We delivered this major project in three stages:
- Stage 1 between Windsor Road and Tallawong Road
- Stage 2 between Tallawong Road and Veron Road
- Stage 3 between Veron Road and Richmond Road
The key benefits to the community include:
- a direct local link between Windsor Road and Richmond Road
- an east-west connection between Rouse Hill, the soon to be opened Sydney Metro Northwest, Schofields Railway Station and the future Marsden Park industrial, commercial and residential areas
- an additional grade-separated crossing of the Blacktown to Richmond railway line
- increased road capacity and travel time savings of about four minutes
- 11 new intersections with 10 traffic lights between Windsor Road and Richmond Road to improve access for the North West Growth Area
- shared paths improving safety for cyclists and pedestrians
- new bus bays and bus priority lanes at major intersections to improve traffic flow
- A flood free route between Windsor and Richmond roads (100 year ARI).