Stage 1 - Windsor Road to Tallawong Road
Stage 1 of the Schofields Road upgrade between Windsor Road and Tallawong Road is complete.
Construction on Stage 1 began in October 2012 and the upgraded section was open to traffic in June 2014.
View or download the February 2015 Community update for more information.
For more information on the project background, view the project overview page.
- Upgrading the road from a two lane to a four-lane, divided road. The upgrade allows for widening to six lanes in the future
- A speed limit of 60km/h
- Three new signalised intersections at The Ponds Boulevard/Terry Road, Cudgegong Road and Tallawong Road/Ridgeline Drive
- Realignment of Tallawong Road to match up with Ridgeline Drive
- Realignment of Cudgegong Road to accommodate the North West Rail Line
- Twin bridges over Second Ponds Creek
- Designated turning lanes at the signalised intersections
- Bus priority measures at traffic lights and one indented bus bay east of Cudgegong Road
- An off-road, shared path on both sides of the corridor
- New street lighting.