Urban Design and Landscape Plan
Roads and Maritime Services prepared a draft Urban Design and Landscape Plan (the draft Plan) to show how the integrated design process has carefully considered the built, natural and community environment with particular sensitivity to the unique heritage values of the area. This plan has been finalised and is now available.
Have your say
All feedback has been considered and the consultation period has now closed. The draft Plan was submitted to the Department of Planning and Environment for approval and the final plan is available. View or download the final Urban Design and Landscape Plan.
A submissions report has been compiled which outlines and addresses the comments raised throughout the consultation period, and includes the responses from Roads and Maritime Services. View or download the Submissions Report.
Key features of the Plan
- Heritage values and interpretation
- Better accessibility and connectivity for all road users and pedestrians
- Improved views
- Landscape work, tree planting and vegetation
- The new bridge structure, piers and abutments (supports)
- New approach roads to the bridge, pathways and stairs
- New street and park furniture
- Improved lighting.
For more information:
- View or download the March 2017 Community Update which provides a brief overview of the draft Plan.