Urban Design and Landscape Plan
Roads and Maritime Services has prepared a draft Urban Design and Landscape Plan (the draft Plan) to show how the integrated design process has carefully considered the built, natural and community environment with particular sensitivity to the unique heritage values of the area.
Have your say
We are seeking feedback on the draft Plan by 7 April 2017.
The draft plan is available to download and is also on display at:
- Hawkesbury Central Library, 300 George Street, Windsor
- Richmond Service NSW Centre, Shop 5 173 Windsor Street, Richmond
You can meet the project team and provide feedback at staffed displays at Windsor Riverview Shopping Centre between 10am and 1pm on Tuesday 21 March and between 4pm and 7pm on Thursday 30 March.
Please send your written submissions to:
- Windsor Bridge replacement
PO Box 973
Parramatta NSW 2124 or
- Email: Windsor_bridge@rms.nsw.gov.au
All feedback will be considered and following the close of the consultation period, the draft Plan will be submitted to the Department of Planning and Environment for approval. The final Urban Design and Landscape Plan will be issued online with the Submissions Report.
Key features of the Plan
- Heritage values and interpretation
- Better accessibility and connectivity for all road users and pedestrians
- Improved views
- Landscape work, tree planting and vegetation
- The new bridge structure, piers and abutments (supports)
- New approach roads to the bridge, pathways and stairs
- New street and park furniture
- Improved lighting.
For more information:
- View or download the March 2017 Community Update which provides a brief overview of the draft Plan.