Hunter & Central Coast region cycleways projects
Significant walking and cycling projects in the Hunter and Central Coast region.
The following projects are delivered by council. Details are available by contacting the relevant council:
- Central Coast Council:
- Construct a missing link in the NSW Coastline Cycleway along Kenmare Road, Green Point.
- Construct a 321 m shared user path along the southern side of Central Coast Highway from Albany Street to Masons Parade, East Gosford.
- Construct pedestrian and cycling facilities along Charles Kay Drive, Terrigal to improve amenity and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Construct a signalised pedestrian crossing for Wallarah Road, Kanwal.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge at Oakland Avenue north of Ashton Avenue, The Entrance.
- Deliver AustCycle training for adults in the Central Coast for the recognised health benefits.
- Deliver a Walking Promotion Campaign for the City of Gosford and Central Coast.
- Investigate pedestrian crossing improvements on Scenic Highway in the vicinity of Picketts Valley Road.
- Lake Macquarie City Council:
- Design and construct a signalised intersection Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay.
- Construct mid-block traffic signals on the Pacific Highway around Alick Street, Belmont.
- Construct pedestrian refuge islands at 4 locations on Brooks Parade Belmont - Macquarie Street to Marks Street.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge Medcalfe St, Warners Bay.
- Construct mid-block traffic signals at Dora St, Morrisset.
- Investigate and develop designs for the construction of an accessible signalised intersection at Sydney Street Pacific Highway intersection.
- Upgrade the intersection of Pacific Highway & Beach St, Belmont to improve pedestrian amenity.
- Design for new kerb ramps on Main Road Neilson Street and Main Road, Edgeworth - pedestrian crossing.
- Install pedestrian refuge Awaba Rd Toronto.
- Construct a pedestrian leg at the intersection of Hillsborough Road and Waratah Avenue, Charlestown.
- Mid Coast Council:
- Design and construct the Old Bar bi-directional cycleway from the Pacific Highway to Old Bar and on to Wallabi Point.
- Design and construct 220m cycleway along Lake St, Forster.
- Muswellbrook Shire Council:
- Construct a 215m shared user path on Skellatar Street from Childcare Centre to Mitchell Street.
- Newcastle City Council:
- Construct an additional pedestrian leg at Station St, Waratah.
- Design and construct an additional signalised pedestrian leg at the intersection of Samdon St and Belford St, Hamilton.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge in the current painted island on University Drive just east of Delauret Square, with ramps and installation of associated footpath to bus stop/s.
- Upgrade the intersection of Griffiths Rd and Broadmeadow Rd, Broadmeadow to improve pedestrian amenity.
- Construct a safe pedestrian crossing facility across University Dr east of Sunset Bvd, Callaghan.
- Design kerb ramps and an additional pedestrian signal crossing on Hannell St, Maryville.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge at the intersection of Griffiths Road and Chatham Road, Hamilton North.
- Deliver a suite of Cycle Promotion material across the City of Newcastle, including maps and rides.
- Construct a 550 metre shared path along Elizabeth Street, Singleton.