Southern region cycleways projects
Significant walking and cycling projects in the Southern region.
The following projects are delivered by council. Details are available by contacting the relevant council:
- Bega Valley Shire Council:
- Plan and design 13km cycling network between Bega to Tathra, Tura Beach to Merimbula and Bermagui to Wallaga Lake.
- Design a 1.7km shared user path from Bega to Merimbula Wharf, along Lake St, Merimbula.
- Eurobodalla Shire Council:
- Design and construct a 660 m shared user path along Bergalia Street, Moruya.
- Planning and design of a shared walking & cycling path on South Head Road, Moruya.
- Design and construct a 433 m off shared user path along the northern side McMillan Road, Narooma.
- Kiama Municipal Council:
- Construct Minnamurra Bends Cycleway.
- Construct 430m of shared path along Browns Lane, Jamberoo.
- Queanbeyan Palerang Regional Council:
- Construct an extension to the existing path on Waterfall Drive, Jerrabomberra.
- Design a 6498 m shared user path from Barracks Flat to the centre of Queanbeyan town, along Rivers Drive.
- Shoalhaven City Council:
- Construct the Round the Bay Walk between Moona Moona Creek, Huskisson to Vincentia
- Bike parking facilities installed across the Shoalhaven.
- Construct a 230 m cycleway facility along Twyford St, Vincentia.
- Construct a 280 m cycleway facility along Deering St, Ulladulla.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge and kerb extension at the intersection of Princes Highway and Green Street, Ulladulla.
- Sig Crossing HW1 Junction/North St Nowra.
- Snowy Monaro Regional Council:
- Construct a pedestrian refuge for Sharp Street (HW4 Snowy Mountains Highway), Cooma.
- Wollongong City Council:
- Construction associated with the conversion of the Otford Tunnel No.6 to a cycle path, improving connections between Stanwell Park and Otford
- Provide a Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan for Corrimal Street, Wollongong between Swan Street and Stewart Street.
- Design a set of pedestrian traffic signals for the intersection of Bourke Street, Keira Street and Virginia Street, North Wollongong.
- Design and construct four kerb ramps for the existing pedestrian and signalised crossings at the intersection of Princes Highway and Mount Keira Road, West Wollongong.
- Construct a pedestrian refuge Church St, Thirroul.