Western region cycleways projects
Significant walking and cycling projects in the Western region.
The following projects are council based. Details are available by contacting the relevant council:
- Bathurst Regional Council:
- Design and construct a 3000 m wide, concrete, shared path from Suttor Street along Bradwardine Rd to Mitchell Hwy, Bathurst.
- Publish and launch an updated cycle map for Bathurst.
- Blayney Shire Council:
- Design and provide 2000 m an on road (shoulder) cycleway along Church Street, Blayney.
- Cabonne Council:
- Construct kerb blisters on Gidley Street, Molong.
- Construct kerb blisters on Main St, Cudal.
- Gilgandra Shire Council:
- Construct a new 114 m cycleway to extend the existing cycleway from near the bridge on Castlereagh Street to the Gilgandra CBD.
- Moree Plains Shire Council:
- Construct a 600 m and off road bicycle path along Newell Highway, Boggabilla from Boggabilla centre.
- Construct a pedestrian crossing at St George St, Mungindi.
- Orange City Council:
- Continuation of 2016-17 Infrastructure and Non Infrastructure cycle projects
- Warrumbungle Shire Council:
- Deliver a series of workshops offering AustCycle Accredited Cycle Skills Courses.
- Weddin Shire Council:
- Develop an Active Transport Plan for the Weddin Shire and surrounding towns.
- Western Plains Regional Council:
- Construct 8 kerb ramps for the intersection of the Mitchell Highway and Darling Street, Dubbo.
- Construct kerb blisters on Mitchell Hwy, Geurie.