Renew your rego

Renewing your registration

You can now renew your registration for light and heavy vehicles in three easy steps and save yourself a trip to the registry.

Got your green slip and safety check?

Renew your rego online now  

Heavy vehicles: See Renewing a heavy vehicle registration for information.

All you need to do is:

1. Buy your green slip. 
Most Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurers send confirmation of payment to Roads and Maritime Services electronically.
Before you renew, you can compare green slip prices from all insurers with the green slip calculator. 

2. Get a vehicle safety check (formerly pink slip).
Your renewal notice will indicate if you need a safety check. Have your vehicle inspected at any Authorised Safety Check Station; the station will send a copy of your inspection report to Roads and Maritime Services electronically.

For more information, see:

3. Renew your registration
Once you have your green slip and a completed and passed vehicle safety check, there are four ways to renew your registration:

  1. Online - the easy way to renew your registration.
  2. Over the phone.
    • Interactive voice response system on 1300 360 782.
    • Speak to Roads and Maritime Services Customer Service on 13 22 13.
    • Pay by credit card.
  3. Through the post.
    • Send your registration renewal and a cheque or credit card authority to Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 21, Parkes, NSW 2870.
  4. In person at any registry or agency.
    • Complete your vehicle renewal with our registry staff.
    • Pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card.

Got your green slip and safety check?

Renew your rego online now