Who we are and what we do
We deliver road network maintenance and construction services
Road & Fleet Services (RFS):
- is a service delivery arm of the Commercial Division of Roads and Maritime Services
- delivers road network maintenance and construction for RMS and external clients
- is a full-service engineering operation, with work delivery teams headed by experienced engineers located strategically around NSW
- partners with industry through subcontract and alliance arrangements in delivery of services
- maintains around 14 000 kilometres of road, 4100 bridges and 3700 traffic signals
- has specialist capability in bitumen spray sealing, timber bridge maintenance, rural linemarking, fleet management and Intelligent Transport System design and manufacture.
RFS teams also provide response and assistance across NSW for traffic incidents and other emergencies, including bush fire and flood. Traffic Emergency Patrols attend more than 22 thousand incidents each year across the Greater Sydney area.