M2 to F3 corridor
Roads and Maritime Services, Transurban and Westlink M7 shareholders are proposing to construct and operate a tolled motorway linking the F3 Freeway at Wahroonga to the Hills M2 Motorway at West Pennant Hills.
PROPOSED PROJECT OBJECTIVES
- Reduce traffic congestion, particularly along Pennant Hills Road, providing shorter travel times for road users.
- Provide a motorway that is safe and reliable for road users.
- Reduce the number of heavy vehicles along Pennant Hills Road, and as a result improve safety, local air quality and noise amenity along the corridor.
- Provide opportunities for improved public transport in the area around Pennant Hills Road.
- Improve the efficient movement of state and national freight.
- Minimise adverse social and environmental impacts in the local area during construction and operation.
- Provide a high standard access controlled motorway that integrates with the regional transport network.
- Demonstrate excellence in design and environmental sustainability.
- Be economically justified and affordable to Government.
- Twin motorway tunnels with two lanes in each direction and provision for future widening to three lanes.
- The twin motorway tunnels would be about 8 kilometres in length and have a minimum posted speed of 80 kilometres per hour.
- A northern interchange connecting with the F3 Freeway, the Pacific Highway and Pennant Hills Road.
- A southern interchange connecting with the Hills M2 Motorway and Pennant Hills Road.