Sparks Road, Warnervale Town Centre
Early works for a new intersection and improvements on Sparks Road between Minnesota Road and Virginia Road at Woongarrah started in mid June 2013. The main works are scheduled to start in January 2014 with the new intersection on Sparks Road to be constructed approximately 500 metres west of Minnesota Road to provide access to the new Warnervale town centre. This project is fully funded by the NSW Government with some of the funds coming from the Housing Acceleration Fund.
Sparks Road is the major road link between the M1 Pacific Motorway and the residential, tourist and beach areas of Gorokan, Toukley and Norah Head. The surrounding area is identified by the NSW Government as an area of significant growth. This project forms part of the NSW Government commitment for the development of the Central Coast through the Housing Acceleration Fund. Final design work is complete.
The project will provide safe access to the new Warnervale town centre, residential and commercial area with an intersection controlled by traffic lights, as well as two traffic lanes in each direction between Minnesota Road and the new town centre intersection. The intersections have been designed to provide capacity to accommodate traffic growth for future years.
Features and benefits
The benefits of the proposed works include:
- A new intersection for the new Warnervale town centre to provide safe access for all road users.
- Increased capacity on Sparks Road with two lanes in each direction between Minnesota Road and the new Warnervale town centre intersection to reduce congestion and allow for future growth.
- Two right turn lanes into Mary MacKillop Drive at the Minnesota Road intersection to ease congestion in peak periods.
- Provision of street lighting on Sparks Road between Minnesota Road and the new Warnervale town centre intersection to improve safety.
- New shared cyclist and pedestrian path between Minnesota Road and the new Warnervale town centre intersection to provide for cyclists.
- Provision of on-road cycle lanes in both directions on Sparks Road through the project length.
For more information please:
Phone: Matt Olle, Project Manager on (02) 4379 7001 (during business hours)
Roads and Maritime Services Central Coast Office,
Upper Level, The Pavilion,
29-37 George Street,
(PO Box 766), Woy Woy NSW 2256
RMS Road Projects website strives where possible to ensure all documents comply with WCAG 2.0. If you are having trouble accessing information in a document, please contact us on Project_Customer_Services@rms.nsw.gov.au.
To open or download documents, 'right-click' on the title for PC and 'control-click' on the title for Mac and choose an option. Get more help with downloading and viewing documents
File Date Description File Size PDFReview of environmental factors January 2013 Sparks Road, Warnervale Town Centre, review of environmental factors. 4MB PDFAppendix A January 2013 Concept design drawings. 5MB PDFAppendix B January 2013 Preliminary landscape concept plan. 2MB PDFAppendix C January 2013 Early concept staging plans. 3MB PDFAppendix D January 2013 Noise and vibration plan. 2MB PDFAppendix E January 2013 Consideration of clause 228 factors. 50KB PDFAppendix F January 2013 Community consultation issue report. 2MB PDFAppendix G January 2013 Correspondence Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Council. 403KB PDFAppendix H January 2013 ISEPP response Wyong Shire Council. 2MB PDFAppendix I January 2013 Traffic modelling report. 4MB PDFAppendix J January 2013 Traffic noise impact assessment. 8MB PDFAppendix K January 2013 Biodiversity assessment. 2MB PDFAppendix L January 2013 Landscape character. 9MB