The proposal is being assessed by the Department of Planning and Infrastructure as a State Significant Infrastructure (SSI) project under Part 5.1 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act).
A copy of the SSI application report provided by Roads and Maritime to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure is available on the Department's website.
Refer to the September 2013 community update (PDF, 50KB), for more details.
Also check out
Interactive maps have been developed to clearly show the issues and potential constraints associated with planning an additional crossing of the Clarence River.
The November 2013 community update (PDF, 5 MB) and display panels showing the preferred option and describing the process from here have been placed at key locations in Grafton and surrounds. To find a static (unstaffed) display near you, please view the locations listed below:
- Roads and Maritime Services Pacific Highway Office, 21 Prince Street, Grafton
- Roads and Maritime Services Motor Registry Office, 3 King Street, Grafton
- Roads and Maritime Services Regional Office, 31 Victoria Street, Grafton
- Grafton Council Chambers and Grafton Library, 2 Prince Street, Grafton
- Ulmarra Petrol Station/Post Office, Pacific Highway, Ulmarra
- South Grafton News and Gifts, 38 Skinner Street, South Grafton
- General Store Coutts Crossing, Armidale Road, Coutts Crossing
- Junction Hill Family Store, 5 Casino Road, Junction Hill
- Maclean Council Office, 50 River Street, Maclean
- Yamba Library, Wooli Street, Yamba
The community update and panels are also available on the project documents page.