Pacific Highway Upgrade community involvement
Roads and Maritime Services recognises the importance of community involvement in its activities and decision-making and is committed to upholding its responsibilities in an open, consultative and inclusive manner.
Roads and Maritime Services will engage with the community wherever its activities and decision-making are of potential interest to, or will impact upon, communities and other stakeholders.
The goals of Roads and Maritime Services community and stakeholder involvement
- Enhance its transparency and public accountability.
- Ensure that its decision-making is inclusive of diverse community ideas and opinions.
- Ensure that its strategic planning, project development, and service delivery meets the greater balance of community needs and expectations.
- Create a more efficient Roads and Maritime Services with direction based on collaborative decision-making and an enhancement of public trust.
Roads and Maritime Services seeks community involvement through a wide range of activities, such as:
- Community information evenings and workshops.
- Community focus or liaison groups.
- Media announcements.
- Letterbox drops.
- Site open days.
- Advisory groups.
- Newsletters, questionnaires and Roads and Maritime Services website.
- One on one discussions with residents.
To view or download Roads and Maritime Services' Community and Communication Resource Manual go to the Library page.
Need more information?
- Register for regular updates.
- Find out more about a specific project.
- To discuss issues, concerns or an area of interest with a member of the project team.
Contact the Pacific Highway office on 1800 653 092 (toll free).