Herons Creek to Stills Road upgrade project overview
The Pacific Highway upgrade project between Herons Creek to Stills Road will upgrade 3.5 kilometres of highway.
Environmental approval was granted for the Pacific Highway Herons Creek to Stills Road upgrade on 5 October 2007.
BMD Constructions Pty Ltd were awarded a contract in December 2010 and construction started early March 2011. The project is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2013.
- Reduced travel times and improved travel efficiency.
- Improved overall safety for road users and provide safer access to Herons Creek Public School.
- Providing a new motorway standard northbound carriageway within the existing median parallel to the existing southbound carriageway.
- Construct a new crossing over Cutty Creek.
- Constructs a new grade separated interchange at Bago Road (the Bago Road interchange).
The majority of the existing northbound carriageway will become a two-way local service road, linking Bago Road, Burrawan Forest Drive, Herons Creek and local properties to the Bago Road Interchange.