Frederickton to Eungai
Roads and Maritime Services has engaged Thiess to design and construct the Frederickton to Eungai upgrade. Substantial construction started in August 2013 and once complete, the upgrade section will link up with the Kempsey bypass in the south and the existing dual carriageway section to the north of Eungai Rail.
The upgrade of the Frederickton to Eungai section will involve constructing 26.5 kilometres of four lane divided road as well as building a new interchange at Stuarts Point Road and installing safe, modern rest areas on both sides of the highway at Cooks Lane south of Barraganyatti.
A temporary site office has been established at 47 South Street, Kempsey. A main site compound for the project is proposed off Cooks Lane, Clybucca. For more information view the project update (PDF, 232KB), contact the project information toll free line 1800 668 240 or email community-enquiries@F2E.incite.com.au.
Key construction activities during November 2013 (weather permitting)
- Establishment of site compound at Cooks Lane, Clybucca.
- Improvement to local roads including Kemps Access / Quarry Road and Cooks Lane for construction access.
- Installation of boundary fencing.
- Installation of nest boxes.
- Completion of the access ramp from the Frederickton roundabout into the northern end of the existing Kempsey Bypass.
- Clearing of the new road corridor including service roads – starting in the northern (Eungai Rail area) and southern (Frederickton area) zones.
- Bulk earthworks, including drainage in the new road corridor as well as service roads.
- Hauling of rock on local roads and across the Pacific Highway.
- Relocation of utilities.