Frederickton to Eungai
Roads and Maritime Services has engaged Thiess to design and construct the Frederickton to Eungai upgrade. Major work began in August 2013 and once complete, the upgraded section will link up with the Kempsey bypass in the south and the existing dual carriageway section to the north of Eungai Rail.
The Frederickton to Eungai section will involve building 26.5 kilometres of four-lane divided road as well as building a new interchange at Stuarts Point Road and installing safe, modern rest areas on both sides of the highway at Cooks Lane south of Barraganyatti.
The main site compound for the project is located at 229 Cooks Lane, Clybucca. For more information view the project update (PDF, 232KB), contact the project information toll free line 1800 668 240 or email community-enquiries@F2E.incite.com.au.
Key construction activities during April to June 2014 (weather permitting)
- Installation of animal fencing
- Start of paving on some access roads
- Construction of temporary diversions around local road bridges
- Continue bridge piling across the Collombatti and Clybucca floodplains
- Bulk earthwork including drainage in the new road corridor as well as service roads
- Hauling material on local roads and across the Pacific Highway
- Mulching and removal of cleared vegetation
- Relocation of utilities.