Frederickton to Eungai
Major work on the Frederickton to Eungai upgrade began in August 2013 and once complete, the upgraded section will link up with the Kempsey bypass in the south and the existing dual carriageway section to the north of Eungai Rail.
The Frederickton to Eungai section will involve building 26.5 kilometres of four-lane divided road as well as building a new interchange at Stuarts Point Road and installing safe, modern rest areas on both sides of the highway at Cooks Lane south of Barraganyatti.
The main site compound for the project is located at 229 Cooks Lane, Clybucca. For more information view the project update (PDF, 232KB), contact the project information toll free line 1800 668 240 or email community-enquiries@F2E.incite.com.au.
Key construction activities during August to October 2014 (weather permitting)
- Completion and opening to traffic of various access roads
- Diversion of Pacific Highway traffic onto Macleay Valley Way to allow construction of the new highway alignment and Stuarts Point Interchange.
- Ongoing installation of fauna underpasses and fencing
- Continuation of concrete paving of the new highway alignment. This will involve some out of hours work for concrete saw-cutting.
- Bulk earthwork and drainage works along the new road corridor and service roads
- Ongoing haulage of material on local road
- Continuation of the construction of the 20 new bridges throughout the project including delivery and installation of bridge girders and planks
- Construction of the new rest areas near Cooks Lane
- Construction and commissioning of the second concrete batch plant at the southern compound near the Frederickton interchange.
- Relocation of utilities.