Northern Roundabout open to traffic
The new northern roundabout was opened to traffic on Friday 9 August 2013. Two of the three legs of the roundabout are in operation. This is to allow for the completion of the street lighting, footpaths, guard rail and revegetation of this area.
Ravenswood Street bridge
Other ongoing construction work includes:
- Completion of earthwork with over 98 per cent complete.
- Placement of pavement layers along the new road.
- Installation of guardrail, street lighting and signs.
- Construction of kerbing and gutters.
- Some night and out of normal work hours construction activities are expected to take place.
Nearby and affected residents and stakeholders will be notified before work is carried out.
- Opening the new High Street bridge to traffic on 5 April 2013.
- Ravenswood Street bridge has been opened to traffic, with the completion of the bridge approaches and guardrail work occurring in July 2013.
- The new Applegum Close bridge will not become operational until the new bypass is open.
- Completion of noise walls at the northern end of the project.