Installation of traffic signals - Glebe Road at Kenrick and Watkins streets at The Junction
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has completed safety improvements at the intersection of Glebe Road, Kenrick Street and Watkins Street at the Junction.
The works involved replacing the existing marked pedestrian crossing on Glebe Road with traffic signals, which has improved safety for motorists and pedestrians.
This project is part of the NSW Government's Pedestrian Crossing Upgrade Program, which involves upgrading 59 pedestrian crossings across the State.
These sites were selected following a safety audit of marked pedestrian crossings on multi-lane roads.
Features of the work include:
- Traffic signals with pedestrian facilities at the intersection of Glebe Road, Kenrick Street and Watkins Street.
- Two lanes in each direction on Glebe Road on the approach to the intersection, with the kerbside lane providing for passing of right turning vehicles and for left turns.
- Two northbound lanes on Watkins Street on the approach to the intersection, with one lane for right turns and one lane for through traffic and left turns.
- Single approach lane on Kenrick Street with no right turn into Glebe Road.
- Kerb extensions on each corner of the intersection to reduce the overall width and minimise crossing lengths for pedestrians.
Works at this intersection provide:
- Improved road safety for pedestrians.
- Improved road safety for motorists.
Construction commenced on safety improvements and the installation of signals on 26 March 2008. Work was completed on 25 August 2008.
For more information contact the project manager, Ken Saxby on (02) 4924 0260 or email email@example.com.
RMS Road Projects website strives where possible to ensure all documents comply with WCAG 2.0. If you are having trouble accessing information in a document, please contact us on Project_Customer_Services@rms.nsw.gov.au.
To open or download documents, 'right-click' on the title for PC and 'control-click' on the title for Mac and choose an option. Get more help with downloading and viewing documents
File Date Description File Size PDFGlebe Road at Kenrick and Watkins streets, The Junction Community update September 2007 Roads and Maritime Services (formerly Roads and Traffic Authority) is seeking community input on the proposal to install traffic signals at the intersection of Glebe Road, Kenrick and Watkins streets at The Junction. 5MB PDFGlebe Road at Kenrick and Watkins streets,The Junction Pedestrian crossing upgrade Display September 2007 Plan of proposed work. 4MB