Vehicle Standards and Investigations (VS&I) Department
Roads and Maritime's VS&I Department:
- Approves registration of engineering or market evaluation vehicles
- Exempts light vehicles from registration requirements for people with physical disabilities
- Approves registration of non-standard, non-compliant heavy vehicles
- Determines tow truck lift capacities
- Conducts investigations into compliance of vehicles with applicable vehicle standards.
Note: Roads and Maritime Services VS&I staff are not vehicle modification or aftermarket parts approval consultants.