Dump truck - heavy rigid / articulated
Non-complying vehicles are only offered conditional registration if it is safe to do so and a complying vehicle cannot perform the function.
The following factors are considered when deciding an Application for Conditional Registration and the conditions that are applied to the registration:
- The nature and extent of any failure of the vehicle to meet applicable vehicle standards
- The safety of:
- The vehicle operator
- The vehicle’s passengers (if any)
- The vehicle mixing with other normal complying vehicles
- The vehicle mixing with pedestrians
- Time of day or night of operation
- Special considerations relating to the area of operation (if any).
Note: Operators of oversize and overmass vehicles must also comply with the conditions of the relevant access notice or permit. For more information contact Special Permits Unit on 1300 656 371 for intrastate permits, and the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator on 1300 696 487 for interstate permits.
- These vehicles are not eligible for an oversize/overmass permit, and travel under notice Ministerial Exemption (Oversized and Overmass Construction Vehicle) Order 2009
- These vehicles must not engage in primary production
- These vehicles cannot operate on any culvert or bridge unless approved by the relevant road authority.
- All lighting must be fitted as near as possible to the position specified in Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007
- Red reflective tape can only be used at the rear of the vehicle if rear red reflectors cannot be fitted or are not incorporated into the rear lamps. If clearance lamps are not fitted, overdimension vehicles must be equipped with delineators to indicate vehicle extremities
- Occupant restraint for operator/driver must be fitted.
|Equipment||Daylight / floodlit use|
|Amber rotating beacon||Yes|
|Brake and turn lights||Yes|
|Headlights, tail and number plate lights||Yes|
|Clearance lights or delineators||Yes|
|Side reflective tape||Yes|
|Rear vision mirror(s)||Yes|
|Daylight / floodlit worksite use only||TD1|
|Flashing amber beacon required and must be used when vehicle moving||SL1|
|Vehicle to be floated from site to site (except that it can travel in areas designated in LO7 and LO8 in accordance with LO6)||L099|
|Operate under Ministerial exemption for construction vehicle||L06|
|Only to cross a road or road related area between worksites||L07|
|Operate under vehicle control plan approved by a roads authority||L08|
|Use only within a worksite or construction zone||Free text|
Restricted to a maximum speed of 45km/h
Steering failure warning device, warning label and Maximum Speed Advisory sign required
‘Left-hand drive’ sign required
Roads and Maritime Services office use
|Vehicle shape||EWP / RWP|
|Compulsory Third Party insurance class||PLNT – non farm|
|Registration usage||Not applicable|