Snow fuel / gas trailer (tracked)
Non-complying vehicles are only offered conditional registration if it is safe to do so and a complying vehicle cannot perform the function.
The following factors are considered when deciding an Application for Conditional Registration and the conditions that are applied to the registration:
- The nature and extent of any failure of the vehicle to meet applicable vehicle standards
- The safety of:
- The vehicle operator
- The vehicle’s passengers (if any)
- The vehicle mixing with other normal complying vehicles
- The vehicle mixing with pedestrians
- Time of day or night of operation
- Special considerations relating to the area of operation (if any).
Note: Operators of oversize and overmass vehicles must also comply with the conditions of the relevant access notice or permit. For more information contact Special Permits Unit on 1300 656 371 for intrastate permits, and the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator on 1300 696 487 for interstate permits.
- Couplings/safety chains must comply with the requirements of Australian Design Rule 62 – Mechanical Connections Between Vehicles
- All lighting must be fitted as near as possible to the position specified in Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007.
|Equipment||24 hour use|
|Amber rotating beacon||Yes|
|Tail and clearance lights||Yes|
|Side reflective tape||Yes|
|Rear vision mirror(s)||No|
|Only to operator in the area authorised by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service||OL99|
|Roads and Maritime Services inspection required||GO90|
|Must meet requirements of Vehicle Inspectors Bulletin 13 Over Snow Vehicles (PDF)||GO91|
|Couplings/safety chains must comply with the requirements of Australian Design Rule 62 – Mechanical Connections Between Vehicles||GO88|
|Flashing amber beacon required and used when vehicle moving||SL1|
Roads and Maritime Services office use
|Compulsory Third Party insurance class||
|Registration usage||Not applicable|