Conditions of use
Under the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013, Roads and Maritime Services can revoke misused Mobility Parking Scheme permits and Australian Disability Parking Permits. The conditions of use are on the application form and supplied with your permit.
The following conditions of use apply to Mobility Parking Scheme issued by Roads and Maritime Services. The conditions apply to current Mobility Parking Scheme permits and Australian Disability Parking Scheme permits.
Heavy penalties may apply for failing to adhere to these conditions:
- The permit must be inserted and displayed in the plastic sleeve of the Australian Disability Parking permit provided to you by Roads and Maritime
- The permit must only be displayed when the vehicle is being used to transport the permit holder. It must not be used to visit or run errands for the permit holder, when that person is not being transported.
- The permit should be displayed unobscured on the left hand (passenger) side of the vehicle, on either the windscreen, or on any window. If this is not practicable, it should be placed in an area where the whole of the permit may be viewed from outside the vehicle. The sides marked ‘THIS SIDE UP’ or ‘DISPLAY THIS SIDE’ must face outward. The permit may be attached to the vehicle by any method that does not obscure any of the permit details or the vision of the driver when the vehicle is in motion.
- Parking concessions available under the Mobility Parking Scheme are only valid at on-street or council operated car parks. To park in a designated disability parking space in a private car park, you must display your valid Mobility Parking Scheme permit and pay any applicable fees required.
- The permit is valid until the date of expiry, unless it’s revoked.
- The permit can no longer be used once it expires. It must be renewed and a current permit displayed for access to disability parking concessions.
- The permit must be returned to a registry or Service NSW centre on expiry, if it’s revoked by Roads and Maritime, or as soon as it’s use is no longer required e.g. the permit holder no longer suffers from the disability that made them eligible for the permit.
- The permit must not be reproduced, copied, defaced, altered or destroyed.
- The permit is not valid if reproduced, copied, defaced or otherwise altered or where one or more of the details on the permit (e.g. card number or expiry date) are illegible.
- If the permit is used in another state or territory, it may be used in accordance with their prevailing parking concessions.
- The permit may be confiscated by an authorised officer and/or revoked by Roads and Maritime for misuse or breach of any of these conditions of use.
- The permit is subject to other such conditions that may be imposed by Roads and Maritime.