M5 Cashback Scheme
The NSW Government M5 Cashback Scheme allows NSW residents to claim back the value of tolls (excluding GST) paid while using a vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use on the M5 South Western Motorway.
To participate in Cashback you need to open an electronic tolling account, register for Cashback and pay your M5 tolls using an electronic tag.
You can only claim Cashback if:
- You are a NSW resident.
- Your vehicle is registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use. Trips made using government or business registered vehicles (including vehicles provided as part of a salary package), leased vehicles, rented vehicles, smash repair courtesy vehicles, car dealership loan vehicles, interstate registered vehicles or any other vehicle where business usage is shown on the registration papers, for example 'business general' or 'primary producer' are ineligible.
- You have registered for M5 Cashback with your tolling provider.
- You have paid M5 tolls using a NSW issued electronic tag.
- You have submitted your claim within twelve months of the close of the Cashback quarter. Claims received more than 12 months after the close of each quarter will not be accepted.
Your eligibility for a Cashback rebate starts from the first day of the month in which you register for Cashback. M5 tolls paid before the date you register will not be refunded.
Registering for Cashback
You can register for Cashback at any time by contacting your electronic tag provider.
If you don’t have an electronic tag account, you can join one of the following providers who participate in Cashback:
- E-Toll (Roads and Maritime Services)
- E-way Tag (Interlink Roads)
- Roam e-TAG (Roam Tolling)
- Roam Express Tag (Roam Express)
Roads and Maritime Services pays Cashback rebates on a quarterly basis.
There are two ways to claim Cashback:
1. Online: Login to your tolling account through your tag provider’s website and click on the Claim Cashback link. A secure Roads and Maritime Cashback Online Claim site will appear in a new browser window. Follow the easy steps and submit your claim online.
2. Post: Send the transaction statements supplied by your tag provider that list your tollway usage and a completed Cashback claim form (PDF, 231Kb) to the following address:
Roads and Maritime Services M5 Cashback
Locked Bag 3
Dubbo NSW 2830
Claimants will receive a rebate via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into a savings or cheque account as nominated in the application submitted online.
For claims lodged via post, rebates are paid by cheque or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into a savings or cheque account as nominated on the claim form. Rebates cannot be paid into credit card accounts. From 1 December 2015 all rebates will be paid by EFT.
To ensure your rebates are paid by EFT, please complete the EFT section (section B) of the Cashback claim form (PDF, 231Kb). Whenever your banking details change you must complete the EFT section of the Cashback claim form (PDF, 231Kb).
For additional information about the M5 Cashback initiative, or to enquire about a lodged Cashback rebate, please contact the M5 Cashback Office on 1300 133 310 or email email@example.com.
To enquire about your electronic tolling account, tag violations, inoperative tags or to obtain copies of statements, change credit card details or name and address details you will need to contact your tag account provider. Refer to your account statement for contact details.
Frequently asked questions
Online claims are processed within seven working days while paper claims are processed within 20 working days.
Rebates cannot be paid into credit card accounts. If you lodge a claim online, the rebate payment will be via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into a savings or cheque account. Currently motorists submitting a paper claim have the option of receiving the rebate via a cheque or EFT. From 1 December 2015 all rebates will be paid by EFT.
No, you can only claim Cashback on the M5.
No, you can only claim tolls paid electronically using a registered electronic tag account.
No, you can only claim tolls paid electronically with a registered electronic tag account.
No, only NSW tag providers can facilitate M5 Cashback refunds
No, you should advise your tag provider of any changes. Updated details are transferred electronically to the Cashback system at the end of each month.
No. Please contact the Cashback Office on 1300 133 310 if you need information on your previous payments.
No, the rebate is less GST.
No, you need to contact the Cashback office on 1300 133 310.